Hi and thanks for stopping by! Here’s what’s cooking at the cabin this week: This tasty and filling meal takes only 30 minutes to make start to finish if you chop the onions and cook your sides while the chicken bakes. We use 2 cast iron skillets to fit all that chicken (we love leftovers)!
(links to products are affiliate links)
- 2 tablespoon bacon fat
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup dry, white wine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt bacon fat and ghee in an oven proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned completely, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature at thickest piece is at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Remove chicken to serving platter.
- On stovetop, carefully pour wine into the pan (it will sizzle!), and bring to a simmer. Cook down for 2 minutes.
- Stir onion into the skillet and sautée until tender – about 5 minutes.
- Add sour cream to the pan, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour over chicken.
Enoy! We add steamed broccoli on the side – wonderful with some of that sauce over top! Heavy cream works well if you need to thin the sauce a bit.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂 Sharing is caring. Use the “Share” buttons below.
You can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content – for FREE! (Until we have more followers, the ads that you see here will benefit WordPress, and not us.) Please use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. This will not raise your price, but we will get a small kickback for sending you there. Win-win!
Thank you for your support!
Please note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this low carb diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.