Happy Spring! Here’s one for all of you former breakfast cereal lovers. This porridge is a hearty, warm way to wake up, and the many options for toppings lets you enjoy a different bowl every day! Hemp hearts not only taste great, they are rich in both nutrition and anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts/seeds
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt to taste (optional)
- Combine coconut cream with sweetener and heat (either on the stovetop or in the microwave) until hot, but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, combine the hemp hearts/seeds, coconut, almond meal, chia seeds, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour the hot liquid over the top of the dry ingredients and stir.
- Let sit for 2-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened to your liking.
Optional additions: strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts or pecans…get creative!
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂 Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this low carb diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.