Hello friends, and welcome new followers! How is 2019 going for everyone so far? If you’re new to low-carb life, I hope that you’re getting past those carb cravings and avoiding the dreaded Low Carb Flu (if not, here’s a link that might help)!
I remember missing bread-like foods when I was first getting started, so I thought that today might be a good time to share this recipe. These waffles are simple to make. They freeze well and you can thaw them quickly in the toaster. Start to finish, you can have a batch of these finished in 30 minutes! Add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and your favorite low carb sweetener for a sweet waffle, or a half cup of your favorite shredded cheese and a pinch of dried herbs for a more savory snack!
Quick Grain-Free Waffles
Makes 8 Belgian size waffles
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- coconut oil spray (for waffle iron if it is not non-stick)
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and cream.
- Add almond flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Combine until smooth.
- Add melted butter.
- Add vanilla and sweetener, or cheese and herbs (if using, these are not necessary).
- Spray waffle iron with coconut oil (if not non-stick).
- Scoop 1/2 cup of batter onto your preheated waffle iron. Gently close the lid.
- Cook until golden brown, and steam stops coming from sides of iron.
- Immediately remove to a cooling rack to firm up a bit.
- Get creative with your toppings and enjoy!
Note: this recipe substitutes baking soda and cream of tartar for 1 teaspoon of conventional baking powder.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂 Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this low carb diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.