Hi and thanks for stopping by! We have had a cool and rainy fall here, and that has contributed to a bumper crop of mushrooms! In addition to Hungarian Mushroom Soup, here’s another one of my favorite ways to enjoy them:
- 3 cups mushrooms (stems and caps)
- 6 slices cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz. )
- 3 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit
- Remove the mushroom stems and chop. Sauté in butter.
- Arrange the mushroom caps in a buttered baking dish.
- Mix the chopped bacon with the fried, chopped mushroom stems and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Carefully stuff each mushroom cap with mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms turn golden brown.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Bonus: Not all of our mushrooms have cute little caps to stuff, so we also experimented with chopping them all up, sautéeing them, and adding them to the filling recipe, and it is tasty as a simple spread on crackers as well (grain-free of course)! No need to bake the spread. Topped with an olive it becomes an entirely new appetizer! Two for one!
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂 Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon
Please note: The mushrooms used in this recipe were grown on our small farm. There is risk to ingesting wild mushrooms. Illness and even death can occur from ingesting wild mushrooms. Any person who ingests mushrooms or any other potentially dangerous fungi does so at their own risk. When in doubt, throw it out(side)!
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this low carb diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.