Hi everyone – thanks for stopping by! We’ve just returned to our cabin from a week-long, relaxing and fun camping retreat with a bunch of our music-loving friends! So much fun, and a great way to connect with nature, get some good quality face-to-face time, be creative, play music, enjoy the sun and then the glow of a campfire and music/stories against the darkness, and just let go of the stress and details of day to day life. These are all things that we have tried to become more mindful of – in addition to eating well – as we pursue better health.
Part of my strategy for relaxation when camping is to keep mealtime as effortless as possible. To that end, here’s a simple, slightly sweet and grain-free banana bread that I make ahead, wrap in foil and freeze to enjoy with coffee or as a treat anytime. It travels well and thaws out in a few minutes when removed from the cooler.
Since we are generally more active on vacation (not sitting at our desks all day) we tend to relax our usual 8/16 intermittent fasting window a bit on these trips. Topped with good quality butter, this bread makes a great companion to fresh brewed coffee or as a snack later in the day.
Grain Free Banana Bread
INGREDIENTS (makes 1 small loaf)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 over-ripe banana
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 Tablespoon butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a small loaf pan (3 1/2″ by 6”) with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and blend thoroughly with immersion blender.
- Once the batter is smooth, pour it into the pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick/knife inserted into center comes out smooth.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).