Hello friends! Well, here we are in August – and there is no mistaking that every time we step outside. It has been hot, hot, hot and humid here these last couple of weeks. Progress on our outdoor building projects has ground to a halt, and we escaped to the mountains last weekend for a little break!
The good news is that when the weather gets this way, our garden goes into overdrive! We’re picking all kinds of fresh, nutritious produce, and putting it to good use here in our cabin kitchen.
Our garden is a big part of our health philosophy – more on that to come… In the meantime, here’s an incredibly simple summer dish that won’t heat up your kitchen, or tie up a precious summer day!
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 4 boneless, skinless pasture-raised chicken breast pieces
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 4 cups fresh salad greens, washed
- 4 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes. sliced in half
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or your favorite healthy-fat salad dressing
- Cajun spice mix (optional)
- Coat the chicken breasts with a little bit of avocado oil and season as desired (we used a Cajun seasoning rub).
- Grill the chicken over medium heat until internal temperature at thickest part is at least 165 degrees F
- Remove from heat and let rest of 5 minutes.
- While chicken rests, add salad greens, tomatoes and avocado to plate.
- Top each plate with chicken and drizzle with salad dressing.
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this low carb lifestyle experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.