Happy Summer everyone, and a BIG welcome to new followers coming over from the Keto Cabin site!
We have been taking full advantage of a stretch of beautiful days here at the cabin, and grilling up some great low-carb meals! Here’s one of our favorites, easy to make and can be enjoyed fresh off the grill, or as a leftover (picnic?) lunch!
- 5 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (or more, to taste)
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (no sugar added – we like Teddie brand)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- metal or (well-soaked) wooden skewers
First make the marinade:
- In a bowl, mix 3 tablespoons coconut aminos, tomato paste, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, 2 cloves garlic (chopped fine), turmeric, black pepper, and cumin.
- Add chicken to the marinade, and stir. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, and preferably 2 hours.
Now make the peanut sauce:
- Heat avocado oil in a saucepan over medium heat, and saute onion and 1 clove garlic (chopped fine) until lightly browned.
- Mix in water, peanut butter, and 2 tablespoons coconut aminos. Cook and stir until blended.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice, and set aside.
Clean and oil your grill grate. Skewer the chicken, and grill for about 5 minutes per side, until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
Serve with the peanut sauce, for dipping. We pair this dish with a fresh salad liberally drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You could also serve it on a bed of cauliflower “rice” if desired. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! Use the “Share” buttons below.
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this Primal, LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.