It’s grilling season! Here’s a great marinade that can be used on all kinds of meat (and fish as well)! This is an easy, low carb summer meal.
Ingredients for 2 pounds of meat/fish, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon whiskey
- 1⁄4 cup coconut aminos (or soy) sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (liberal low carb/primal), or lime juice (Keto/strict low carb)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- Squirt of Siracha Chile sauce (if desired)
- Combine all ingredients with the meat/fish in a bowl.
- Mix well and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Assemble on metal, or pre-soaked wooden skewers with red peppers, purple onions, fresh mushrooms, & cherry tomatoes.*
- Give everything a hearty spray of avocado oil.
- Grill to your desired doneness.
*Grilling hack: Tired of under-cooked onions and overcooked tomatoes? Put each ingredient on its own skewer, and you can control the heat and grilling time so that everything comes out right. Remove meat and veg from skewers prior to serving to a large platter or bowl (I use a large pasta bowl) for a colorful and easy to serve dish!
Did you enjoy this post? Tell your friends! 🙂
If you would like to help keep us going, there are two more ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of this sidebar, and
2. Use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small commission for sending you there (at no extra cost to you).
Please note: Links to products are Affiliate Links.
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this Primal, LCHF and ketogenic diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.