Here’s what’s cookin’ at the cabin this week: our own version of the Keto recipe that has taken the internet by storm! So easy and so tasty! We’ve tweaked the recipe and added a couple of choice toppings to make this quick and easy dish even better!
Egg Roll in a Bowl
4 servings, 20 minutes, moderate low carb
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb ground beef (preferably grass fed)
- 1 teaspoon Siracha hot chile sauce
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 10 oz. (1 bag) cole slaw mix
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Fresh or pickled ginger, shaved and shredded
For the chili mayo sauce:
- 4 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons siracha chile sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Tip: Like most stir fries, this recipe moves fast once you start cooking. Be sure to have all of your ingredients prepped beforehand.
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds
- Add the beef and cook for 5-10 minutes until cooked through and browned, stirring and breaking up into smaller chunks as you go
- Add chile sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, and scallions. Stir to mix
- Add coleslaw mix and cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes, until wilted
- Mix in sesame seeds
- Top each serving with shredded ginger and a large dollop of the chili mayo. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? If you would like to help keep us going, there are two ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of the sidebar, and 2. use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small percentage of your total purchase as a commission for sending you there. Thank you for your support!
Please note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While this Primal diet experiment has worked well for me so far, your mileage may vary. This diet needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.