Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
(more or less, to taste. Sweet paprika would work too if you don’t like spicy foods.)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley
- sour cream
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onions in the butter with a light sprinkle of salt until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, dill, tamari, paprika and stock. Stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream, and cook, stirring frequently on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? If you would like to help keep us going, there are two ways you can easily help us to keep bringing you quality content and information – for FREE! (Unfortunately, the ads that you see here benefit WordPress, not us.)
1. Please click the “follow” link at the top of the sidebar, and 2. use this affiliate link when shopping on Amazon. We will get a small percentage of your total purchase as a commission for sending you there. Thank you for your support!
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While the Primal lifestyle experiment has worked well for us, your mileage may vary. This way of eating needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.