Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
(more or less, to taste. Sweet paprika would work too if you don’t like spicy foods.)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley
- sour cream
- In a large stockpot, sauté the onions in the butter with a light sprinkle of salt until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, dill, tamari, paprika and stock. Stir, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cream, and cook, stirring frequently on very low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add sour cream, salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with a sprinkle of parsley and serve. Enjoy!
Please note: Links to products are affiliate links, which means that if you purchase these or any other products directly after following these links, I will receive a small commission for my trouble in directing you there. I will never recommend a product that I have not personally used, and my opinions are always my own! This is a simple and small a way that you can support the time that I spend creating these pages for you to use and enjoy and hopefully find inspiration from–at no extra cost to you! Win-win!
Please also note: I am not a doctor or nutritionist. While the Primal lifestyle experiment has worked well for us, your mileage may vary. This way of eating needs to be balanced correctly, in order to avoid potential side effects. It is always a good idea to discuss any major health decisions with your doctor before getting started.